Sunday, June 2, 2013

Toilet paper!

"What's the big deal with toilet paper?"  I found myself wondering this the other evening.

There are so many varieties.  There's single-ply.  Double-ply.  Quilted.  Soft.  Softer than soft.   Double rolls.  Triple rolls.  Specially made for septic systems.  RV toilet paper.  Who knew?

The bottom line, no pun intended, is that it all is used primarily for the same reason, and goes into the same place...some hole underground that we tend to ignore, forget about, or just don't care, as long as it's not backing up into our bathrooms.    So why must we have so many different varieties?

I must admit, as a child, we used the single-ply, inexpensive (cheap) stuff.  I always envied the folks who had the two-ply, softer than soft.  When I was on my own,  I bought the soft stuff.  Nice.

Now, as an older adult, and more cost conscious, I've been reading the labels, which include how many squares per roll, although I do not read the size of the squares (you can become too anal) and have been trying different ones.  Haven't had any complaints from the other person living here, so I guess no one really cares as long as the job gets done!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, on Day 230!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment