Friday, October 28, 2011

I can fix the post office!

Okay, I lied.  But I think I have some viable sideas that they might take into consideration, since I am one of their customers, and the customer is always right!  Right?

First of all taking away Saturday delivery is a very bad idea.  Many people can only get to the post office on Saturday since they work Monday through Friday.   Saturday morning is one of those chore or errand days.  I say stop Monday delivery! 

Hear me out.  The P.O. could cut the workers' hours down to 37 a week, Tuesday through Friday, then Saturday until noon.  They would have Mondays off so they would still have a nice two-day weekend as the majority of us enjoy. 

Since most federal holidays fall on Mondays now, they would not get holiday pay as they already have the day off.  Of course they would get some unmoveable holidays off such as the 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas, and get paid for those days. 

There would be a few exceptions as I'm sure the P.O. has people working overnight, and possibly weekends, but the ones we see every day, probably the majority of workers, would have a simple change in their work habits. 

Don't like it?  Then try the unemployment lines for a few weeks/months, or even years, as so many of us haved had to contend with, in these tough economic times.   Working at the P.O. used to be a job everyone wanted and tried out for.  If the current workers don't like the change, I'm sure there are plenty of people out of work who would be willing to take over.

If anyone's listening, that's my plan on Day 187!

No comments:

Post a Comment