Wednesday, November 7, 2012

It's over!

Yesterday was the presidential election, and the Republicans are licking their wounds.  To tell you the truth, I almost thought they'd pull it off, and get Romney elected.  I was so disgusted with the whole political brouhaha, I couldn't even write about anything else, so I decided not to write at all!

Four years ago I (wrongly) predicted that Obama would not be reelected, or if he was, it would be extremely tight, because you cannot turn around an economy as bad as our was, in four years, when it took far longer than that to get so screwed up.  That and the fact that he's "black" was surely a total recipe for a one-term presidency.  I figured the Republicans would get in, and as the economy got better (because I thought it might take 6-8 years) they'd get all the credit, even though the recovery had started under Obama. 

I heard one political pundit say today that the Republicans have been working for four straight years to get Obama out of the house.  I too have thought that from Day One of Barack's presidency, politics was mentioned on an almost daily basis, as to how bad Barack was going to be.  Personally I think that the Republicans, although they would never admit it, were totally pissed that a black man got in office!

If the Republicans want to get back in, I think they need to start working with the Democrats, and not waste the next 4 years by attempting to stop all Obama's policies.  Sure, he'll make mistakes, and if they're egregious enough, then the GOP can take a firm stand.  BUT, if they work with him, AND get a more viable, charismatic candidate that the middle class can relate to, then they'll have a much better chance.   They can say "we worked with him, and we tried", but we have our own ideas.  Rather than coming out saying "he's wrong, always has been wrong, always will be wrong, and we're the ONLY way to go." 

I'm just glad it's quiet again, on Day 223!

No comments:

Post a Comment