Friday, November 30, 2012

Men behaving badly...again...

I admit I wasn't up in arms when Bill Clinton committed his faux pas with Monica.   Although my best Republican friend was.  But he wasn't up in arms when Valerie Plame was outed by Vice President Cheney (okay, he wasn't blamed, but he's extremely suspect.)   Although Cheney's goof was not sexual in nature, it still bugs me, but that's another story.    But this latest goof by a man, namely General Petraeus, has me astonished, and scratching my head.

I would have thought, after all the indiscretions that have become public knowledge, and with the  media hype that goes along with it, someone in Petraeus' position would know better.  Especially when he's head of national security for the biggest country in the world!  Guess all that power went to the wrong head!

Then I have to question his sanity when the object of his affections is so immature  as to get angry with another woman, [NOT his wife, yes I said wife,] who she assumed to be vying for his affections also.  Can you get any more teenager than that?   And what about his wife!  Was she just a simple annoyance?

I'm not that fond of social media shouting everything and anything at all times of the day.  Information overload most of the time.  Like the tabloids, only quicker, and probably just as suspect in their assumptions.  But when they're right, everyone knows about it, all over the world, in the blink of a second, or at the speed of sound?  Light?  Whatever the satellites use.    What is that saying...the powerful fall harder, faster?  In this day and age, you're NOT "too big to fail," unless you're a bank.

Waiting for the next shoe to drop...on Day 225!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment