Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ban this blog...

...it may contain objectionable material!  Although what's objectionable, and to whom, shall be up for debate.

The Republic, Missouri Public School System wanted to ban two books, Slaughterhouse Five, and one called Twenty Boy Summer (or something like that.)  I don't know the proper name of the second as it's not something I care enough about to try to find, to read.

When I was in high school the book Lady Chatterly's Lover was on the "banned from the library" list.  When I was in college, James Michener's Hawaii was banned from the college-level reading list.  So you know what that does!  We all go out to buy it! 

I finally found a copy of Lady Chatterly's Lover and could not figure out what all the hype was about.  It was boring!  As for Hawaii, I have read all of Michener's books and love them all.  And again, cannot understand what the hype was about!

In this day and age we should be glad we can get kids to read anything other than text messages, with words poorly spelled, and punctuation totally lacking!

Hope no one found anything in this diatribe worth banning, on Day 179!

No comments:

Post a Comment