Thursday, September 22, 2011

A penny for my thoughts!

That's probably all they're worth, anyway!

This morning I heard that Julian Assange, the WIKI-leaks guy, was PO'd because his "autobiography" was being published without his consent.  Now I thought that was strange to begin with, because an "auto" biography means the person wrote it themself, as opposed to someone else doing research and just writing what came to mind.  No, old Julian told his innermost thoughts to a ghost writer (an acceptable alternative), but then decided he did not want it published!

Now under most circumstances this would have been acceptable had he given back the 6-figure advance he received for the book, yes, SIX figures!  But he did not, so the book will go forward.  So enough about Julian already.

I should be so lucky, not that any one wants to write about me, but if I were awarded a 6-figure advance, there would be a decimal point and a couple zeroes after the decimal point.  The "other" four figures would be in front of it, although  I guess I could get a fraction of a cent, for my thoughts, which would mean more numbers after the decimal, and fewer up front.

But as for now, I'm still writing for free on Day 180!

No comments:

Post a Comment