Saturday, June 18, 2011

Life, death, in-between

An acquaintance of mine tried to commit suicide the other day.  By hanging himself.  He may have brain damage, we don't know any more than that, yet.

He was on medication for depression.  So what could he have been depressed about?  He has a beautiful wife, great kids, nice house, good, solid job.  Was he misdiagnosed and put on a drug that can cause one to contemplate suicide?  There are anti-deprfessants out there that can, indeed, have that effect.  So how good a drug is that?  To push you over the edge?

I don't know more details; probably I'd rather not know more details.  I'd prefer to hide my head in the sand, and pretend it never happened.  The sadness over this event is overhelming. 

I hope tomorrow's a better day for him and his family.   It's a day closer to his recovery and rehabilitation; for me it's just day 145!

No comments:

Post a Comment