Monday, June 20, 2011

Musical Memories

While listening to my favorite NPR station, I heard the opening notes from Jaws, the movie.  Does any one who's ever seen Jaws, not immediately remember that film, and the rest of the stanza?

There are other snippets of music that also elicit the same response.  How about 2001 Space Odyssey?  Or the music during the shower scene from Psycho? 

Considering how old these movies are now, it would appear that we have  not been getting our fair share of outstanding musical scores in the past few years.  Of course I don't go to the movies as often either because the reviews just don't move me enough to want to go.  Okay, I did go to see Avatar, and loved it, but remember the music?  Not so much.

There may be memorable music out there, perhaps in Harry Potter, for the younger generation, but will it stand the test of time...

Still quaking when I hear those opening beats from Jaws, on Day 147!

No comments:

Post a Comment