Monday, July 4, 2011

It's July 4th -Independence Day! How do you feel about that?

I read, on a favored forum of mine, that one of the forum member's neighbors hung the American flag upside down because he does not like this country.  The person hanging the flag upside down is not from this country originally.  The forum member, and his neighbor, both Iraqi war veterans, were going to set him straight, preferably non-violently. 

I have only this to say.  The people who founded this country, left the country they were from, to start a new and better life.  My own grandparents, while not connected to anyone from the Mayflower, also came here to start a new and better life.  I live here now, because I don't think I could find a more favorable place.  I'd love to visit other countries, but permanent residency there does not interest me.

Bottom line is: if you don't like it, leave!  Go back to where you came from, or go someplace else.  But leave us alone!  Sure, we're not the most well-run country...ask any Democrat or Republican...but we're better than most alternatives!  We allow everyone to have a say in what we do.  But we do NOT disrespect our country as a whole! We might not like everyone who comes to our shores, but once you're  here, we will defend you as though you belong.  But if you don't like that, then get out!

As for me, I'm staying put on Day 148!

No comments:

Post a Comment