Monday, July 18, 2011

Politcally correct?

I am so tired of hearing that a decision is or is not being made, by the president, and/or other members of congress, because it may put their reelection in jeopardy.  I thought when they were elected, it was because they wanted to "do the right thing by the people" and let the chips fall where they may. 

I thought Obama would be a one-term president for two reasons.  First, and most noticeable, is that he's bi-racial, or as some people think...black, period!  End of story.  My second theory is/was that he cannot turn the economy around in four short years.  It would take a minimum of eight.  It took more than that to screw it up in the first place!  Therefore, the next president (the one who gets in the "second four years" after the economy tanked), will get all the credit for turning it around, because it's already beginning, or at least appears to be.  I'm no economist, so I have no firm predictions on that outcome.

But still my biggest beef, is that politicians do and say what they have to so they get elected, and then they say and do what they have to if they want to get reelected.  How about doing what you think is right???  Not politically correct???  Do you think the American public can't see through the crap we're being fed by the opposing parties?   Can't you hire better "spin doctors" to show you did do the right thing?  Or how about just saying "I did what I thought was right, and if I'm not reelected, my conscience is clear?!!"

Recently there was a "retired" local politician who was making a negative statement about something going on locally, and he admitted "I can now say these things because I'm out of office."  Huh?  So when you were elected, you did not say those things because it would shed you in a bad light?  To whom?  Aren't you elected to tell the truth, and to right the wrongs?

Politcally correct or not, I do know who I'm voting for already, on Day 152!

No comments:

Post a Comment