Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Headlines you only see on the internet

"They" say the newspaper industry is dying.  Gosh, I hope not!  I read the paper every single day.  I also read the internet news, but not with the same intensity as the newspaper, as I find that the majority of internet postings are just fluff, or stuff I'd really rather not know about!

I don't care about Paris Hilton or the Kardashians.

I do not care how much Candy Spelling sold her mega-monstrosity-mansion for.

I'm tired of reading about the bad behavior of over-paid atheletes.

Oh, I do care that Texas seems to be going backwards in the quest for higher quality education, by revisiting creationism vs. evolution.  

I also care that Michelle Bachman is being portrayed as a potential catastrophe because she has migraine headaches.  I am not a Bachman fan by any means, but so what if she gets migraines!  We all get migraines, some more than others.  I feel sorry for her, but I know they can be kept at bay by medication.  Would we be even more concerned if she admitted to being menopausal also?   

Okay, Ms Bachman's "condition" will probably be in the daily paper (as it is on the TV news) but the other items I mentioned...probably not.  And if I didn't read them there, I don't think I would have missed much.  As for Texas, that's more humorous, to me, than newsworthy. 

Overall, the majority of information on the internet is not that interesting, and it's not local either.  I could go to the local news channels' websites and see what's going on, but I think I spend too much time on the computer anyway, and I can get more accomplished at home with the TV news on in the background.  Leisurely reading the newspaper with my morning coffee is also a routine I would miss.  I don't care to take my laptop to McDonald's with the potential to spill coffee on it.

I plan on having newsprint on my fingertips today and many more days after Day 153!



No comments:

Post a Comment