Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Patience IS a virtue...remember???

I went to McDonald's this afternoon for a "cheap" lunch.  I only had $2.00, and believe it or not you can eat fairly well for $2.  Or at least I thought, until I looked at the calorie count.  But that's yet another blog.

It wasn't the lunch hour, closer to 2:00, but the drive-thru was full, and there were people standing at the counter.  There was one person at the counter, plus the manager, manning the cash registers and taking orders.  Of course there were the contingent of cooks, and drive-thru personnel. 

It was NOT running smoothly, for whatever reason, but I wasn't in a hurry.  Then the manager left the counter, and had the other person also leave the counter.  They both had small jobs to attend to, concerning the patrons' orders at the counter.  As I was waiting, a woman came up behind me and said "Isn't there any one taking orders??!!!"  I said that they would be back shortly, and perhaps they were a bit short handed. 

They indeed came back, finished the other orders ahead of me, and took my order.  This whole scenario took all of 5 minutes, more or less.  BUT, since this is a "fast food" restaurant, 5 minutes is obviously TOO slow for a lot of people.  And of course there was audible griping. 

Now I gotta say people...LIGHTEN UP!!!  How long do you have to wait in a sit-down restaurant?  Are you in that much of a hurry to wolf down your food?  Are you growing faint with hunger?  Maybe McDonald's is NOT the place for you!  Have patience for those folks who are doing their level best to feed you!

Trying to patient with the impatient, on Day 192!





No comments:

Post a Comment