Monday, November 14, 2011

Yeah!!! No basketball this fall!!!

Am I excited?  You betcha! 

I used to like basketball, not love, as with football, just like.  I used to go to quite a few games in college, and...I went at the same time, and watched Walt Frazier play, as he went to the same college.  That was the year we won the N.I.T. tournament.  I could have gone to New York and watched, but I went to New Orleans instead, as it was over Spring break!

This all came to a crashing halt when I started taking note of the bad behavior, and exhorbitant salaries of the players.  And the game is just too damn boring to watch!  One team dribbles down the court, and makes a basket; the other team takes over, dribbles down court, makes a basket, and they do it over again.  I guess there is some skill I'm not zeroing in on that includes stealing the ball back before the opposing team can make that basket, but all in all,  it's just back and forth.  Has about the same appeal as tennis, except with basketball the ball is in play more.

With tennis there seems to be a serve, and a hit or miss, and then another serve, and a hit or miss, but never some serious volleys back and forth.  Too many stops and starts for me.

Okay, there's bad behavior in other sports, to be sure, but they're much more fun to watch!  

 Even golf is more interesting, and to many folks, that's a real "yawner" of a sport.  But the skill is obvious although I do not know what they really see when they're lining up a putt, as far as little nuances in the grass cutting. 

Not having to worry that my favorite shows are being preempted by a basketball game, on Day 195!



No comments:

Post a Comment