Saturday, February 26, 2011

Got gas???

Or are you like me, and getting a headache, watching the price go up on a daily, nay, almost hourly basis!!!  Of course the Middle East is to blame.  Heck, we can blame them for our economic downturn also, can't we?  If we weren't spending all that money on a no-win war, where would we be today?

Well I can't speak for Andy because he's got a solid job, has had for years, and probably has a heck of a retirement, and if he were smart, his blue chip investments have recouped most of their loss over the past year.  I can speak for the majority of us, though.

When I bought my car, a fill-up of gas cost me $16.00.  Yesterday that same tankful, in that same car, cost me over $40.00.  I only wish my income went up as much.  Unfortunately it hasn't, as I'm one of the millons of unemployed!  I've been unemployed for a year.  Should I take a "cut in pay", and drive further than I had been, with the price of gas going up substantially? 

Granted I made my own choices, and probably have not made the best choices when it comes to employment, but there are myriads of those who didn't have the choices I did, and they are in the same boat.  I'm just trying to be their voice.  I'm SOOOOOOOOOO glad to hear that bank big wigs are getting record bonuses.  The reason being "the only way to keep good help is to pay them"  Oh yeah?  I thought I was a good employee.  Six years, and not one sick day!  Before that almost 13 years, and only 2 days off due to a car accident that was not my fault.    And I wasn't bitching about jumping ship because my pay was not "adequate to my capabilities."

I got gas today, for $3.12, but everywhere else its runnning closer to $3.17, so its just a matter of time before that station hikes their prices too...on Day 94!

No comments:

Post a Comment