Monday, February 28, 2011

Libya vs The Oscars...hmmm

Which would be more fun to talk about?  Well, since I'm not an expert in world affairs, and I think I know a bit more about women's clothing, I'll take the Oscars!  Maybe it's a cop out, but we cannot do more than we are doing in Libya.  We can and do have the opportunity to "dis" people at the Oscars, and there's no retribution! 

This year it seemed that everyone pretty much knew the outcome of who would win what.  I'd bet the odds makers in Vegas were having a bad day, or not.  Don't really know how good or bad odds affect their earnings.    So let's go after something there is almost just as much talk about...the clothes!  And primarily the clothes the women are wearing!

I thought the majority of the gowns were stunning.  I would not wear most of them, as I'm a bit more modest, and not as slim as most of the folks there, but I saw alot of extremely pretty dresses.  The two glaring mistakes (to me anyway) were Scarlett Johannsen & Madonna.  Madonna's daughter looked fine, but the old lady...not so much.  Ms. Johannsen...just not my cup of tea, plus the fact that her underwear did show through and it did not match!

Depending upon who you listened to, the fashion gurus disagreed almost to the dress, as to which one was great or not so great.  One would think a dress was out of this world; the other would absolutely hate it.  The fashionistas tried to talk about the guys' tuxedos, but if you've seen one, you've seen them all, pretty much!

One comment that made me think, was the fact that there was not a lot of "bling" on the stars.  No jewelry worth millions of dollars on each and every star.   You know, this would mean that they needed less security, as there are people there just to watch to make sure the diamonds don't disappear.  That would mean fewer jobs!  You don't think those out-of-work bodyguards went to Libya to help out Quaddafi, now do ya...on Day 95?

No comments:

Post a Comment