Sunday, August 14, 2011

Addendum to K2 (and I don't mean kindergarden!)

My last rant was about drugs. 

Since then I was talking to a friend who was in HR (human resources) and she mentioned it was her experience, and others in her field also, that fewer people were able to pass drug tests.  She told of one job opening that had over 500 applicants and yet only 10 could pass the drug test.

The United States and its people have fallen off a cliff in a big way.  If that's an accurate description of the state of employment, no wonder unemployment stays so high.  There are jobs out there, but no one to fill them, and it's not totally because they're not qualified; they're stoned!

You don't want drunk drivers, why would you want drunk workers?    Don't take me to task on semantics here...a drug is a drug is a drug!

I'm drug free and just got a new job, on Day 167!

No comments:

Post a Comment