Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I thought I had heard it all...till this...

...Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) expressed a fairly extreme concern on the House Floor Monday night about the expanded preventative health coverage: offering free birth control to women could eventually kill off the entire human species... (Huffpost AOL News 8/2/2011)

Free birth control might mean the end of the human race???   Surely he's joking!!!  Has he watched Maury Povich or Steve Wilkos lately?  There are plenty of sweet young girls, who's very last thought is birth control!  Even if it were free!!!

If there is an "end of the human race" it will be because Mother Nature decided to take back her planet!   With all the pollution, from a myriad of sources, we'll kill ourselves off without the use of birth control.   Oh, but then I've been led to understand that the Republicans do not believe in environmental controls against pollution, or global warming, or evolution.

I'm trying hard to like some Republicans as I'm not thrilled with the way the Democrats are handling themselves, but when ideas like this spew forth...what's a person to do???    I know, if I don't like it, I could move to another country, but I feel it's my duty to stay here to try to knock some sense into the populace, especially the younger, slightly less involved or informed populace.

Here for the long haul...on Day 160!

No comments:

Post a Comment