Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Everything is retro...even behaviors...

Lordy, lordy, the news on the Internet has been keeping me in stitches today.  Probably a good thing, because with the outside temps ranging in the 100s (it was supposed to be 107 today) there's not much else to do except stay in the air conditioning!  So the latest "scandal" was that the new "behavior" among 21-28 year olds (or somewhere in there) was NOT to live together, but to keep separate apartments, with occasional sleep-overs.

Again...HUH???

Thirty-five years ago, when I got married, I wanted to just move in with my husband, not get married, jsut see how well we'd cohabitate.  He would have none of it!  My mother was apoplectic when I even mentioned it to her.   So we got married, and obviously it has worked, but not without some hellacious fights, and one short separation. 

As they say "we've "come a long way baby" in those 35 years.  For better or for worse?  I don't know.  But to think of living "apart" as a "new phenomenon?"  Who writes these stories anyway?  Oh wait, I forgot, probably tech-savy 20 somethings, who have heard of marriage, but it must be for "old folks!"

So here I sit in my co-habitated house on Day 161!





No comments:

Post a Comment