Sunday, July 25, 2010

ADHD ruined my marriage...

On the internet where everything is true, factual and up-to-date, there was an article that said many adults have ADHD and that's the reason their marriages fail.  So, nowadays, who DOESN'T have ADHD?  Take that to be a sarcastic remark.

 I know there are some out there who are truly impaired by this disorder.  I'm not a doctor, but I don't think that every time someone cannot concentrate, hold a job or keep a relationship, they're ADHD.   It's becoming an excuse, which in my opinion, is controlled by too many drugs, and not enough discipline.  But let me get back to marriage and ADHD.

Puh-leez...maybe it's not working out because you got married too young, or you had an unwanted pregnancy on the way, or you've got too much debt and too little money, etc, etc, etc.   So you're not listening to your spouse  and finally the word divorce comes up, and you weren't paying attention to the warning signs, so it must be ADHD!!!

I'm not a marriage counselor so I'm not going to try to critique your marriage and tell you how to improve upon it.    But before you claim ADHA and get put on meds, try a more conventional approach to try to analyze what really went wrong!

And this is the end of Day 6!  

No comments:

Post a Comment