Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Size matters...

I weigh about 5 pounds more now than I did in high school.  Yet I wear two dress sizes less than in high school.  I used to be a 12-14, and now I'm a solid 10.   Since as you get older, your weight seems to shift south, you would think that the size should go up, wouldn't you?

So how and when did this happen?

I can remember when there was a 5-7-9 Shop in Chicago.  Nowadays those sizes are almost considered "big."  There are now dress shops that supposedly handle dresses that are size "0".  How can that be? 
 We wonder why girls are obsessed with their size, and that girls who used to be "normal" are now almost considered to be "plus-size."    Marilyn Monroe supposedly wore a size 12.  What size would she wear today?  Did anyone think then that she was "fat?"

 If the trend keeps up, will we have dress sizes in negative numbers?   Obviously a ploy of the fashion world.   It's all smoke and mirrors.

Okay Andy, how do you measure up, on this Day 9?

No comments:

Post a Comment