Friday, July 23, 2010

I don't text and I don't tweet

Nope, not at all.   I just don't feel the need to get all the latest updates at the very moment they happen.  I can turn the radio on in the car, turn the TV on at home, or turn my computer on to the internet.  Each and any of these tell me what I need to know.

 In a restaurant recently, I saw a young family with grandparents in attendance and, the father seemed to be preoccupied with his cell phone.  Especially when his wife took the kids to the bathroom.   I was wondering what the relationship was between him and his father-in-law.  It would annoy me to be seated at a table with someone who chose to ignore me for updates on their phone.

Let me clarify this by saying this was a Sunday afternoon, not a business day for most.  So what was he getting?  The latest sports scores?   There were TVs in this particular restaurant so he could have read the runner at the botton of the screen for most sporting event updates.

Now businesses are getting in on texting and tweeting to let you know about their latest "deals."  I don't really need to know if Kohl's has a great buy right now!  I shop when I need something, not just to spend money.  And there are so many sales out there, usually I can find a good deal, without prompting. 

So what do YOU think about this, Andy, on Day 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment