Sunday, July 25, 2010

Faceless on Facebook...

I'm not sure I understand the concept of Facebook either. As the advertising says, it's a social networking site.  So I signed on and got an account.  I think I'm up to 8 friends.  I guess I'm still "faceless" as I read about people who have hundreds of Facebook friends.   Really?  Are you going to invite all them, and their friends to your wedding?  Are they real? 

Then there are the other sites which link to Facebook.  Farmville being one.  This is an interesting, albeit confusing for me, game on how to manage your farm, add animals, grow crops, build buildings, etc.   But what does this have to do with keeping in touch with friends?  I should say you can invite your friends to play.  And at certain levels there is an incentive by the game company to get you to pay money for certain opportunities.   Hmmm...

As for keeping in touch, I don't think I need to go to the computer to find out someone as just gone to work, or is thinking of reading a book, or taking a nap.  I could call them and they could tell me that.  But by putting it out there for all to see, you also invite people into your house who you don't want to be there.  I understand some people have included their addresses in their profiles, which encourages unscrupulous people to go by and rob them when they're obviousy not at home, because they put it on the web for the world to see!  Another hmmm...

I know I posted this a day late, but I started it on Day 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment