Tuesday, July 27, 2010

R.I.P. Daniel Schorr

Dan Schorr, a newscaster for longer than I've been alive, died recently.  He only rated a small blurb on the Internet, and a small space in the local paper.  I must admit, I've not looked to see how much magazine space his death commanded. 

He was on NPR (National Public Radio) until a few weeks ago.  He was not a newsman who retired years ago, and few of us remember him.  He was active until nearly the end.  I had recently wondered if I had missed his commentary on the radio, because I listen at different times during the day, only to hear he was hospitalized, and in fact passed away.

The reason this chaps me is because there was more space, on the Internet, devoted to Paris Hilton in a bathing suit.  Who cares???  What has she contributed to society in a positive way?  How has she enlightened us as to the ways of the world, except in a tawdry way.

Andy, what do you think about this, on Day 8? 

No comments:

Post a Comment