Saturday, September 11, 2010

Good old days...part I

On another blog, people were reminiscing about the good old days.  Now this is WAY different if you're over 30, or 40, or 50!!!   In the past few years, everything new yesterday, has become passe today!

The first topic I want to cover is gasoline.  The prices may seem "stable" these days, fluctuating between $2.25 and $2.75 a gallon.  Too high for some of us who remember the "good old days" but still better than the rise to almost $4.00 a gallon, at least in SW Missouri.  I know there were states that did top that and more.

But what about the good old days.  Well, when I was in high school, gas was (...drum roll...) 25 cents a gallon!  And this was in the city of Chicago!  When I went out with my friends on the weekend, and we chipped in for gas, a dollar (or 25 cents from each of us) would fill up the tank and we could go all night.  My best friend, who drove, as most of us did not even have cars, drove a VW bus!    What fond memories of piling everyone in and taking off for the lake (Michigan) or other favorite haunts (Rush Street and Old Town.) 

This is just the first of many fond memories I intend to put here, starting with Day 47!

No comments:

Post a Comment