Monday, September 13, 2010

Mosquito bites

Everyone gets them.  Most of the time, we never even see the biter.  We just wake up with a new welt and/or itch!  Did you know only the females bite?  Something to ponder, for sure!

Anyway, since I've been unemployed for the better part of 6 months now, I've taken to wearing sandals much of the time.   If I ever do find meaningful work, it's going to be hard to put shoes and socks back on...I think...

So, my bare tootsies have come under the attack of a mosquito.  I was driving this morning, and one of my toes began to itch!   How annoying is that?  I can't pick my foot up (it was my right, or gas pedal, foot.)  I thought of pulling over to scratch it.  I tried wiggling my sandal to help in the scratching process.  Didn't work.  Ever notice how this can cloud all your other judgement?

Thankfully, I was just in town traffic, going to get my morning cappuchino, so I didn;'t have far to go before I was going to make a stop.  If I were on the highway I would've pulled over.  That's how I started this Day 48! 

No comments:

Post a Comment