Saturday, September 4, 2010

Music, music everywhere...

Listening to Andy last week, I can appreciate where he was coming from regarding the plethora of new musicians and singers out there that few of us have heard of.  And yes, I suppose it is a sign of age, but then again I never did listen to the rock and roll stations very much.  I've always been more of a classical and jazz person.

I have to say, that I do watch American Idol, and usually agreed with Simon Cowell on his critiques.  I also think that many of today's pop stars would never make it on Idol.  Too many of the hot stars have gimmicks that propel them into the limelight.  The girls want to emulate them, the guys want to get the girls that look like them. 

Then there's the Justin Bieber phenomenon.  I guess he sings well enough, and I can surely see if I were a young teenager, I'd have his posters on all my bedroom walls.  But then I read that he has an autobiography out.  WHAT?  How much "life" can a 16-year-old have lived?    His life probably isn't even a fifth over... 

Getting back to Idol, I've never been a Madonna fan, and I sincerely doubt, that if she came on with makeup on to disguise her, she'd never get a second audition.  I also wonder about Lady Gaga, or Britney Spears, and even "young" old Justin. 

I read about some "rock stars" that have passed away for various reasons, at an early age.  Every time I click on the item, I've never heard of the group, much less the individual.    I guess that could be more of a help than a hindrance, as they're not likely to get hassled by me for an autograph or a picture, while walking down the street.  My ignorance might be their bliss, this Day 42!

No comments:

Post a Comment