Sunday, September 5, 2010

Side effects!

Watch the TV ads for new drugs on the market!  Listen closely!

Last night I saw an ad for a drug to be used when your current anti-depressant isn't enough to keep you on that "even keel" we all wish we had.   I question the number of people even using these mind-altering drugs, but that's another story.    Back to the topic at hand...there appears to be more time spend talking about the side effects than the actual efficacy of the drug!  Of course the drug is touted in loud tones, about how helpful it could be.  Then they practically mumble about the side effects.  PLURAL!  MANY!

One of which is "thoughts of suicide!"  I thought being on an "even keel" should STOP any thoughts of doing yourself harm.  I thought that's what these drugs were for?  I'm not sure how to address this seeming contradiction of usefulness.

I'm happy to say I'm drug free on Day 43!

No comments:

Post a Comment