Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'm NOT sorry...

If I had a nickel for every time someone says "I'm sorry" when  they do something that should require the response of "excuse me" or "pardon me" I wouldn't even be worried about my unemployment check arriving!

Think about it.  Someone jostles you in a department store, accidentally of course.  They say "I'm sorry."  Sorry for what?  Sorry you bumped into me?  I know you didn't do it on purpose.  A simple "excuse me" would sound SOOOOO much better, to me anyway. 

Another example...you cut between me and a person I'm talking to, because I'm taking up too much room, and you can't get through.  Again, you say "sorry."  Sorry for what?  That I'm standing and blocking your way?  Why not a "pardon me" or a strong "excuse me" while thinking silently that I'm an ass for blocking your path.  I'm the "sorry" one when I'm obstructing you.  

Sorry indicates you think what you did, or who you are is wretched and inferior.  So I guess if you have a complex, then you're a "sorry" person, but excuse yourself, when you butt in front of me in line.  I'll understand and accept that a lot better, than "sorry" on Day 40!

No comments:

Post a Comment