Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee...here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez...just when you think some lawmakers cannot get ANY dumber, they'll shock you yet again!  I read an article in the morning's paper that said the state of Texas is thinking of raising their speed limit to 85, especially since "out west" there is so much vacant land, and long intervals between towns.  Anyone see a problem with this?  What's the hurry?

First of all, gas prices are on the rise, dramatically.  And I believe that as we get "accustomed" to this, those prices will not fall.  (Another blog to be sure.)  Most people know that MPG, or miles-per-gallon, go down the faster you go.  There is an optimum speed, and then there's a speed at which you burn even more fuel than necessary.  I can assure you, that in my cars, 85 MPH (miles-per-hour) is NOT the optimum speed.    Therefore you'll be spending even more money on gas!

Secondly, and this may be too graphic for some, if there's an accident at 85 miles per hour, I daresay you won't need paramedics, just a sponge mop and bucket.   Newer cars are better made, but those crash test dummies are only travelling at about 35 miles per hour, or less...NOT 85 or more!!!  You know the majority of people think it's okay to go at least 5 miles over the posted speed limit.

Lastly, this may be one way of cutting down on population growth!

I think I'll just stick to roads that are in the 65 MPH range so that I can stay part of the population...on Day 120!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment