Wednesday, April 20, 2011

You learn something new every day...

WOW!  Yesterday, Michelle Obama's plane was in jeopardy because a C-17 cargo transport plane was within 3 miles of hers.  What?  3 miles?  That's too close???  Well, I guess it is!  It was explained, in the newspaper this morning, and so it made much more sense!

Three miles, on the highway, would be so much distance that you'd never even know the other person was there.  Three miles on the water, and you'd probably wouldn't even see the other watercraft.  However, 3 miles in the air precludes that there could be "turbulence", much like a wave in a close-pasing boat, and can cause the plane in it's "wake" to be in jeopardy.   I think that's absolutely fascinating.  Makes sense to me.  And I'm glad it was explained in the paper, because otherwise I would have thought that the powers that be are a bit too cautious with the First Family!

Can't wait till tomororow, but that's what I learned on Day 127!

No comments:

Post a Comment