Monday, March 7, 2011

Andy beat me to it!!!

He talked last night (Sunday, March 5th) about e-books!  The latest "rage" in this ever-changing electronic world.  Unlike Andy, I do own an e-reader.  I cannot say which one as I own stock in one company, but  bought the competitor's model.  No particular reason.

Now, the "why" I bought it was for the ease of reading a book while I'm on the road.  When we take vacations, I usually take long three or four books to read while the other half is driving, or to put myself to sleep at night when we cannot agree on a TV program to watch.  It will be so much easier to take one e-reader rather than an armful of books.  I prefer to travel light, and even paperbacks take up room and  weight.

At home, however, I prefer to have pages to manually turn.   I love all my quirky bookmarks, including the slip from the library that tells me when my books are due back. 

I wonder if the fiuture will all be written in electronic messages, and the book will totally disappear from the horizon.  I cannot think that at the blink of an eye, a best seller, or a monumental book on some sort of philosophy, or scientific work, will be lost forever with a power outtage.   I cannot fathom that books will go away forever.  We will always need the proverbial "hard copy," I would think.

After I finish this, I think I'll curl up with a hard back book I got from the library, on Day 98!

No comments:

Post a Comment