Monday, March 21, 2011

Excercise!

If you look at statistics, we as a country, are too fat!  You see it everywhere.  You hear about it everywhere.  There are even two TV shows, that I'm aware of, currently running that are devoted to fat people.  I give those people on those shows extreme credit for facing their demons, and letting the world see them at their absolute worst!  Half naked, in fact! 

I admit, I have gained a few pounds since losing my job.  I thought I was "eating right" and getting enough excercise.  Then I started putting down what I was eating in a day, and counted the calories.  Whoops!  So I cut down substantially on calories.  After a number of days...nothing.  Then I went on a hike, with the local, unofficial hiking club.  We were learning how to use a compass, and so we were doing a lot of "bushwhacking" which means you go straight through the forest (as this one was), up and down hills, using your compass as a guide.  No fancy, wood-chipped trails winding down the slight slopes.  Just straight up and straight down the hills.  Now that's excercise, especially UP the hills!  I'd bet Andy couldn't do that, but perhaps he's not as stubborn as I am.  Or as nuts!

So the next morning I weight myself, and voila...pounds lost!  I thought I was getting excercise, but shopping at the mall is not excercise.  Not that I do that, which is another post, for sure.  Thinking about excercise does not count either.  You need to get out and do! 

Of course diet counts.   And I'm still counting and sticking to an amount that suits me.  And today's excercise ceame in the form of brushhogging an area in the pasture with a DR mower.  I love the DR, but thats an entry in my other, personal blog.  It is definitely a workout! 

You don't have to excercise every day.  But you do have to get out and move.  And it even kills your appetite.  At least it did mine.  Or maybe I was just too sore to lift my hand to my mouth...to eat...on Day 108!

No comments:

Post a Comment