Wednesday, March 2, 2011

How soon we forget...

It's hard to believe, in 2011, that a local high school student was suspended for his haircut!  It was a military style, with the top slightly longer than the shaved sides.  I believe the school thought it looked too much like a mohawk.  But even if it did look like a mohawk, what's the difference?  Oh yeah, the school thought it was a distracting haircut!

There was a girl, I believe last year, can't remember it exactly, who was expelled because her hair was pink!   Again, so what???!!! It'll grow out, or it can be recolored, but good grief...it's only hair!!!

I guess everyone forgot about when the Beatles came "across the pond" as they say, and their hairstyles became the rage.  And long, I mean really long, hair became the fashion for boys.  Girls wore their long too, but that was the norm.  Personally, I always wore my short because it was naturally curly, and I hated the way it looked long!   And that was in the 60s, the 1960s!  Instead of moving forward, we're retreating!

But I digress...the kid wasn't wearing a t-shirt with profanity on it.  He didn't have a questionable  tattoo.  He had a haircut!  I mean, look at all the people who are shaving their heads these days.  Again, what's the difference????  Who cares???  And, more importantly, isn't this a case of freedom of expression (like freedom of speech) ???

Where's the ACLU when you really need them, on Day 97?

No comments:

Post a Comment