Thursday, March 17, 2011

Daylight savings time...

...is a week old now, and I think, we're finally getting used to it.  But why do we do it, anyway? 

Everyone prefers that it stay lighter later in the day.  Winters are dreary enough, without going to work in the dark, and returning from work in the dark.  At least with Daylight Saving, you may go to work in the dark, but you'll always come home in the light.

And any more it's only about 4 months long!

I thought one of the reasons was that the school children would not have to wait in the dark for the bus.  Seems to me, I've seen the school buses running in the dark, in the morning, in the winter, anyway! Perhaps we could just start school half an hour later?  Let them have a half hour for lunch.  An hour is too long, and they just start food fights after the first 15 minutes anyway, don't they?

Still adjusting my sleep, my clocks, and my routine on Day 106!

No comments:

Post a Comment