Thursday, March 10, 2011

Basketball...my last word...

Not my last blog, just my last word on the subject.  I do not like basketball.   I don't know if it's because I find the game boring, or the athletes, especially the pros, even more boring.  But this week is all about the Final Four.  The apex of basketballdom.  Nirvana for some!

All this, and when I was in college I saw what some would think was "great basketball."  Why Walt Frazier went to my college and played there while I was there.  Our school even went to the N.I.T. Championships, and WON!!!

I went to New Orleans that week instead of New York, and slept on the beach of Lake Ponchatrain, and saw racism close-up in rural Louisiana.    So I missed the N.I.T.  But then I missed Woodstock, and I missed the Chicago Democratic Convention also.  Those two I regret...the N.I.T.,  not at all!

One of our local college backetball teams did win their Missouri Valley Conference title.  I'm happy for them, but I'm not about to go out and  buy t-shirt memorabilia, or season's passes for next year.   They're now hoping to get an invitation to the NCAA playoffs.  Me, I'd rather think about a return trip to New Orleans, on Day 101!

No comments:

Post a Comment