Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 34 and I'm frustrated!

I've been applying for jobs right and left, and they're all on line.  I wonder what it would be like to actually interview with someone in person.  I wonder if when reading my resume, the "hiring people" think "...ooh, she's too old",  or "...she's too educated/too much experience/not the right kind of experience/she'd leave soon; she's close to retirement..."  I wonder if they ever think that the reason I'm applying for a job is that I might need one? 

And at this stage in my life, it's not so much need one, as want one because otherwise I'd be bored to tears at home.  If I had millions in the bank I could travel all over.  But then again, if I had millions in the bank, I probably would already have travelled all over. 

There are no children or grandchildren involved so it's not like they could occupy my time.   I already volunteer, and that's nice, but it costs money.   I could go back to school but that cost money too, even at the reduced senior rate.   I just want to work!
So if anyone reads this and has a lead, send it to me, after this Day 34!

No comments:

Post a Comment