Monday, August 23, 2010

Volunteering...

...takes a lot of time and serious committment.   Oh sure,  "they" say that when you're retired and looking for something to do...volunteer! 

 Being out of a job, I've been doing my share of volunteering. The "pluses" are that I get some free clothing, occasionally a free meal, and some extra respectability from my peers.

The "minuses" are that I have to use my car to get to the place I'm volunteering, and there's no reimbursement for the cost of gas.  The hours can be erratic, sometimes nights, sometimes weekends.  I'm looked upon as someone who must have a lot of money and time on my hands, if I have the time to volunteer.

Truth of the matter is that I was aready volunteering when I was employed, just a bit less.   So my income is less and my volunteering is more.  Does any of this make sense, on this Day 32? 

No comments:

Post a Comment