Saturday, August 28, 2010

Smile!

It's very easy.  Sometimes you catch people off guard, and they smile back.  Sometimes they look at you as though you have ulterior motives.  But why NOT smile?  Like the saying goes, it takes fewer muscles to smile than to frown. And if you don't get frown lines, you don't have to worry about plastic surgery early in life to erase them!  A win-win situation!

One instance I particularly like to smile during, is when I see small children or handicapped people.  Some of the children I see with their parents, probably never see a smile.  Some of the handicapped people I see probably have more people staring at them than smiling at them.   A smile should make the other person feel good.  Like they're important.  I know I feel that way if someone smiles at me.

Smiles change from town to town and city to city.  While smiling at almost everyone in Ozark, MO, you get a smile back;  smiling at the sales clerk in Woodfield Mall, in Schaumburg, Illinois will illicit some stares of apprehension.  Smiling walking down the streets of New York City can have the same effect.  I've done both.  But I know I'm not a crazy, I'm just a happy person, and I hope it rubs off on those I smile at. 

So Andy,  keep smiling on Day 38!

No comments:

Post a Comment