Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Prove you're a christian!

Dammit!  You do the talk, now walk the walk! 

This phrase could identify almost anyone and everyone in politics these days.  I'm so tired of everybody espousing values that seem to have nothing to do with the golden rule, which to me is an excellent definition of christianity.  You know the one that says "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

There are plenty of people who lead good, decent lives, and are only a benefit to themselves and their community, yet they might not espouse being a "christian" and therefore are vilified.   They must adhere to a "predetermined agenda", not necessarily of their own beliefs, to be considered eligible for admission into the realm of the annointed ones, the "christians."

I'm not going to go into specifics, but by today's definition, even though  I think I'm a good person, I'm not a good "christian" on Day 35! 

No comments:

Post a Comment