Thursday, August 12, 2010

I want it NOW!

Instant gratification!  That's what!

I started an excercise routine.  When one is unemployed, and used to being in an active position, and then is thrown into inactivity, one can tend to get a bit lazy.  That "one" being me.  I'm not lazy so much as uninspired, by everyday chores, enough to get my mojo working.

My excercise routine is now just walking.  At least two miles a day; yesterday I did three.  And quickly.  I just read that a person should do about 3-4 miles an hour to actually burn calories.  I figure I'm doing about 3 and a half. 

Today I read that if you do a mile at approximately 4 miles an hour, you will burn about 350 calories.  And you need to burn 3500 for every pound you want to lose.  TOO SLOW!  I want to lose a pound a day walking!  I want to be like those people on "The Biggest Loser" who lose dozens, nay hundreds of pounds every week!   Oh, that may be an exaggeration...

But at this rate, the 20 pounds (more or less, probably less) that I want to lose,  will take me well into 2011!  My heavens, Christmas will have passed.  What will my New year's resolution be: Finish losing the weight?  Will I even get it off by the next "bathing suit" season?

Can you see why I want it NOW on Day 24?

No comments:

Post a Comment