Saturday, August 7, 2010

Optimist or pessimist?

I was listening to a discussion on the radio this morning about optimists and pessimists.  The host of the show said that it might be better to be a pessimist because if anything went wrong, you could say "I knew it,"  or "I told you so."  Anything good that may happen, would only make their day better.   No disappointments.

An optimist, on the other hand, is supposedly devastated when something negative happens, since they're always looking for the rosy picture, the silver lining

I tried to identify my own feelings.  I think I'd rather be an optimist.  I'd rather look at all the good things going on around me than the negatives, of which there can be many.  I'd rather wake up with a smile, than wonder what was going to "ruin" my day.   It might be hard to go to sleep it nothing negative happened.  Then  you'd have to wonder what might occur while you were sleeping.  Therefore giving you insonia.

So Andy, just good thoughts and a good night's sleep on Day 19!

No comments:

Post a Comment